Department of Homeland Security U.S.
Date: 03 June 2010
CG Auxiliary Public Affairs Dept.
Know Your Boat’s Capacity
Look for a capacity plate near the operator’s position or on the transom of the boat. This plate indicates the maximum weight capacity and/or the maximum number of people that the boat can carry safely in good weather.
A few things to remember:
· Do not exceed either the stated maximum weight capacity or number of people
· Maximum weight is the combined weight of passengers, gear & motor.
· In many states it is a violation to exceed weight capacity
· Always follow the recommended capacity in the owner’s manual
· Never exceed capacity recommendations.
· For additional information go to: www.auxpa.org.
United States Coast Guard Auxiliary is the uniformed volunteer Component of the Coast Guard created by an Act of Congress in 1939. The Auxiliary, United States ’s Volunteer Guardians, supports the Coast Guard in nearly all of the service’s missions. America